Create a Consent Sign Up Form
Create a Consent Email
View Contact Consent Status
Create a Consent Sign Up Form:
1. Create a new contact list and check the box to allow people to sign up for this list.
2. On the Add Contacts page, create a Sign Up Form.
3. Select the list you just created from the dropdown and select Hosted Signup Form.
4. Design your sign up form and add the consent form field.
5. Include information about what people are consenting to when they sign up.
6. Click Next
7. Design your thank you page or include a redirect URL.
8. On the Share your sign up form page, you can Edit Name and copy the link to share your form.
9. After contact sign up, they will receive a double opt-in email. If they confirm, they can edit their email preferences including their consent.
Create a Consent Email:
1. Go to Messages tab and create a new email campaign.
2. Select the GDPR template.
3. Include a message to your contacts about what they are consenting to.
4. The Update Setting button content block automatically links to the email preference page where a contact can provide or deny consent. Below is an example of the email preferences page.
5. Once you are done designing your email, click Next.
6. Add an email name, subject line, and other campaign details.
7. Select the contact list you wish to verify consent for and send/schedule your email.
View Contact Consent Status:
1. Go to the Contacts tab
2. Search for a contact or click into a contact list with the contact you wish to view
3. Click on the email address of the contact
4. Look under the Contact Info section.
5. The GDPR Consent field can have three values: Empty, Not Consented, and Consented.
If a contact hasn't explicitly said yes or no to consent, their field will be Empty.
If a contact denied consent, their field will say Not Consented.
If a contact consented, their field will say Consented with the Date and Time they did so.